I'm back!
I've been back for 5 days now and it feels like I've barely been away at all. It was straight into stuff with a meeting on Tuesday afternoon after getting here early on Tuesday morning about what I'll be doing. I was worried on leaving the UK exactly how I'd get on with the work I'd be doing out here but (for the moment at least) it seems to be going well. Before I left I couldn't really believe I was actually doing this but when I got here it felt right. And it made it fell right that I managed to raise the money so quickly and easily-it really felt as thought it was what God wanted!
To start with I'm doing research on lessons that the young people doing the environmental course (that started last week) will be running in schools from february as I'm helping put these together. As part of this I see how it can fit the national curriculum in South Africa. Another aspect to my job is doing an environmental audit of Oasis South Africa and seeing how they can improve on their environmentally friendliness.
That's still quite vague I know but the job will become more clear as it goes on. It's been great being back in the community and seeing all the people that I got to know last time and just being part of South African life again. As well as getting to grips with the job I'm also trying to work out how my life has an impact on the environment and how I can cut this down. At first I thought this would be easy in South Africa but it's actually surprisingly difficult as South Africa's more developed than you think! At least in some ways.
I'll keep you posted on how that goes as well as the job and just life in general.
Hope you're well,
Steve
Prayer points for those that do:
That I'll settle into work and really get involved in the community. Short and sweet!
Sunday, 8 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey! So you're there... crazy! Is it spring time in S.A. now? or does it not work like that....
ReplyDeleteBig loves x